Printing the Printables
It is recommended that you view, edit, and print all files from The Organization Toolbox using Adobe Acrobat Reader (rather than an Internet browser or other PDF viewer).
TO PRINT THE FILES
- First save the files to your computer as described in the Saving & Editing Instructions.
- Find the desired file(s) on your device (usually in the Downloads folder) and open with a PDF reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader is recommended).
- If desired, add in any text to the editable text fields as described in the Saving & Editing Instructions.
- When ready, load the desired paper into your printer per its instructions, and print the pages at 100% resolution.
You are welcome to send any printable pages to a professional printer for high-quality results. Should you need it, you can access a Print Release HERE.
Printing the Stickers, Labels, & Tags
Several kits in The Organization Toolbox are formatted to print neatly onto various AVERY templates. Use these instructions to get the best results possible:
- Do not open the files in an Internet browser. Instead, download the files directly to your device as described in the Saving & Editing Instructions.
- Once downloaded, open the files in a PDF reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader is recommended).
- Before printing, add any desired text to the blue editable text fields on the labels.
- When ready to print, load the corresponding AVERY labels into your printer according to package/printer directions.
- Print the pages you want at 100% resolution.
If you don’t want to use the suggested AVERY products, you can always print onto plain sticker paper and cut/punch out the labels with a punch, scissors, paper trimmer, or e-cutter machine (e.g, Cricut, Silhouette, Scan-n-Cut).
Other Useful Tutorials
THE MARGINS OF MY PRINTABLES SEEM REALLY OFF.
When you send your files to print, be sure you select “100%” in the resolution option.
THE 1" ROUND CIRCLE STICKERS DIDN'T PRINT CORRECTLY AT ALL!
The 1″ Circle stickers can be a little stubborn to get printed right. Please refer to the detailed instructions on this post.
IS THERE ANY WAY TO PRINT THESE FILES IN 1/2 SHEET SIZES?
All of the printables in The Toolbox are designed and formatted to fit US 8.5×11″ paper when printed. If you would like to try printing them to fit on a half sheet, refer to this tutorial.
I'D RATHER SEND THE PRINTABLES OFF TO A SHOP TO BE PRINTED. CAN I DO THAT?
Absolutely you can. Just print off this print release ahead of time in case there is concern about your printing rights.
WHAT PRINTER DO YOU USE/RECOMMEND?
Because I print so frequently for both personal and business use, I use a color laser printer. Not only do I get fast printing in gorgeous color; but the toner, while expensive, last much longer than inkjet cartridges.
That said, I realize laser printers aren't the right solution for every person or household. So I've also researched budget-friendly inkjet options for craft and household needs. I have the printer I use and some other well-rated options linked up for you HERE.
HOW CAN I SAVE ON PRINTER INK?
I offer both color and black-and-white versions of most Toolbox downloads. If ink color is a concern, I recommend printing just cover/speciality pages in color, and the rest in black-and-white.
If you don't want to use your home printer, you are also welcome to send files to a print shop for professional printing.
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE PRINTABLE PRODUCTS?
Since I'm in the business of making printables, you better bet I've tested a lot of papers and labels. You can shop my absolute tried-and-true favorites by clicking HERE.
Still Having Trouble?
Contact Megan HERE!